About the Service
The Ely Centre Carers Support Programme is a unique service created to provide therapeutic, emotional, respite and training opportunities to those who are the registered carer of a person injured as a result of the troubles.
Who is A Carer ? A person who provides help and support to a Victim of the Northern Ireland Troubles, who could not manage otherwise because of frailty, illness or disability. The person being cared for must be in receipt of either DLA , Attendance Allowance or a War Disability Pension.
In addition to Ely Centre Services which all Carers can avail of including:
- Counselling and Psychological Services
- Complementary Therapies
- Welfare and Benefits Advice
- Community Befriending Services
- Carers can furthermore avail of specific services developed for them including
- Carers Respite Days
- Carers Financial Suppor
- Carer Training Courses
- Carers Counselling Support Groups
- Monthly Carers Coffee Mornings
Please contact the Carers Officer to obtain a detailed list of events and opportunities
If you would like to refer to this service please drop into the centre, give us a call, or fill in the service referral form which should only take a few minutes.