The Ely Centre believe that campaigning for the rights of victims is crucial in recognising and honour the sacrifice and continued hurt with which victims and their families experience on a daily basis.
Over 25 years the Ely Centre has campaigned for victims at the European Parliament Westminster, and our local assembly in Stormont on numerous occasions. The Ely Centre played a crucial role in obtaining funding for the development of victims sector back in 1998 and this campaign has ensured that funding for victims groups to provide support to victims continues to this day.
At present the Ely Centre has a number of campaigns focusing on Memorialisation, Remembrance and Recognition of those bereaved and injured during the Troubles.
Please click on each campaign to learn more of each campaign:
- Campaign - Remembered With Honour - The Ulster Defence Regiment 4th Battalion (PDF)
- Campaign - Remembered with Honour – Out Tribute to the Soldiers of the British Army (PDF)
- Campaign - The Troubles in Co Fermanagh and its Impact on Victims (Copy of Presentation delivered to MEPS at the Europeans Parliament) (PDF)
- Campaign - D Fermangh Role of Honour (PDF)
- Campaign - Tyrone roll of honour (PDF)
- Campaign - DEnniskillen Memorial Feasability Study
If you would like to refer to this service please drop into the centre, give us a call, or fill in the service referral form which should only take a few minutes.